About Hamilton Lake Travel clinic
Dr Lakhminder Sandhu
MBBS, FRNZCGP, Dip. Travel Medicine ( Otago)
Dip. Obs and Gyanecology ( India)
We provide a complete range of vaccinations (immunisations), including BCG and Yellow fever vaccines, malaria tablets, medical kits and travel health services to individuals and families. Our goal is to protect the health of travellers by providing exemplary clinical care along with specific advice and information for each traveller.
Our services include:
- Expert pre- and post-travel advice that is tailored specifically to your trip and travel requirements
- health information, includes the International Certificate of Vaccination
- Disease prevention advice and information sheets for each major country visited
- Prescriptions will be given for potential medications that may be required and contents of travel kit will be advised.
When to see Us ?
Before You Travel …
- Some vaccinations require a course over weeks to months so contact your nearest travel clinic at least six to eight weeks before departure.
- Travellers overseas have up to a 50% chance of suffering travel-related illness.
- Reduce your risk of illness with a medical checkup and personalize advice to best protect your health overseas
- Vaccinations may be considered necessary for protection against diseases you may encounter, for routine health measures or as legal requirements for entry into some countries
- Dr Sandhu will need to know the countries to be visited, length of stay in each country, time of the year in each country (season), type of accommodation (major hotel or tent) and type of travel (bus tour or backpack).
Check list prior to departure:
- Medical check up at least 6 weeks prior to travel
- Vaccinations and medications up to date
- Pack medical kit
- Dental check up
- Optometric check up
- Passport and visas up to date
- Pick up tickets
- Travel insurance (including emergency evacuation cover)
- Travellers cheques, credit cards
Leave copy of itinerary with responsible person